Course image Academic Writing
- Cause and Effect
- Students should have an IELTS level of at least 5.0 (or equivalent) before attempting this course.
- A computer with internet access (for forum posts)
- A PDF file reader (such as Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Approx. 50 hours
- Identify/recognize the type of academic essay that is required for a particular situation.
the structural requirements of different essay types as listed above.
different planning styles depending on the essay type required.
- Identify/Employ different methods to understand Unity, Support, Conherence and Grammar
- Extend and
improve knowledge, learning and performance and outcomes by applying
methods and techniques learnt in when applying the course concepts to a particular major.
VIP Silver – includes access to the assignments during the course and the End of-course certificate
VIP Gold – all VIP Silver features plus weekly forum feedback and weekly group conferences through Zoom or TenCent Meeting (Voov) where you can practice with an EDUZMS IELTS specialist.
Course image Culturally Speaking
This course is designed for undergraduate/postgraduate students to have a deeper understanding of cross-cultural communication. Each student will assess different cultures and compare them to China and other countries. A variety of topics will be discussed weekly covering:
- Clothes, Appearance and Fashion
- Science and Technology
- Superstitions and Beliefs
- Films and TV
- Changing Lifestyles
- Nature and Animals
- Communication Skills
- Outstanding People
Expectations and Goals
On completion of this course, students are expected to:
- Have an understanding of different topics and how this relates to culture
- Be able to discuss a variety of social/cultural topics
- Confidently present/communicate to others on a variety of social/cultural topics
- Be able to research information on a variety of social/cultural topics
Course image Creative Writing
Audience: This course is designed for students wishing to improve their Creative Writing skills Pre-requisites: Students should have an intermediate level of English before attempting this course. A computer with internet access (for forum posts) A PDF file reader (such as Adobe Acrobat Reader) Duration: Approx. 30 hours Learning Outcomes Identify/recognize different types of Academic Writing including Screenplays, Fictional Novels, Poetry and Creating Podcasts Identify/recognize the use of different kinds of language during the different styles of writing Identify, Explain and Justify the use of different kinds of language during the different styles of writing Identify/Employ different creative techniques to develop various creative output